First Steps for Incoming Researchers in Marie Sklodowska-Curie Projects:
Employment contract (Arbeitsvertrag): Please sign the original document on your first day of work latest (please go to the Human Resource Departement (K2) to sign the original document).
- Tenancy agreement ("Mietvertrag" - proof of a permanent domicile in Magdeburg) and form "Wohnungsgeberbescheinigung"
- Health Insurance (only if the European insurance is not eligible at OVGU). You can search for your preferred insurance online.
- Bank Account (only if the Bank Account is not eligible at OVGU): please check online for no-fee accounts (Girokonto and credit cards, which is necessary for business travelling)
- Bürgerbüro (Citizens Office) (non-EU citizens also Foreigners Office Ausländerbehörde):
for EU-citizens: Registration of the adress at citizens office. You can make an appointments online.
for non-EU residents additionally: Residence permit status at Ausländerbehörde
The Following Service and Support Facilities Are at Your Disposal:
- International Office ("Akademisches Auslandsamt"): Service for international scholars and doctoral students
- Department of Student Affairs ("Dezernat Studienangelegenheiten") for the admission of doctoral students
- Graduate School: The Otto von Guericke Graduate School (OVG-GS) is a contact point and service facility for all doctoral students and their supervisors at OVGU. OVG-GS regularly offers tailor-made courses in various disciplines and soft skills
- IKUS is an intercultural student organization that brings together international and German students
- MIPS: Helps to build and improve contact between international PhD students
- Language Center: Offers language courses
-Bluecards: Information on the Bluecard (residence permit for the purpose of taking up employment in an EU country) can be found on the website of the Federal Foreign Office.