COSME - Programme for the Competitiveness of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
When the Multiannual Financial Framework 2021-2027 comes into force, COSME (2014-2020) will be replaced by two EU programs: Single Market Programme (SMP) and InvestEU. The SMP has a total budget of 4.2 billion euros and InvestEU with a total budget of 372 billion euros.
The SMP offers SMEs indirect support in order to increase their competitiveness. Around 1 billion euros are available for this. This finances support options such as
- Enterprise Europe Network
- Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs
- Cluster initiatives
- IPR SME help desk
- SME performance review
- SME envoys
SMEs can receive direct financial support through InvestEU. The budget made available for this amounts to 11.25 billion euros and finances instruments such as:
- Equity Facility for Growth (COSME EFG)
- Loan Guarantee Facility (COSME LGF)
The programme will be structured around four policy windows/ The InvestEU Programme supports the following 4 main policy areas (“windows”)::
- Sustainable Infrastructure
- Research, Innovation and Digitisation
- Social Investment and Skills
Measures are supported to:
- Facilitate access to finance for SMEs
- Improve access to markets
- Improve the framework for competitiveness
- Promotion of an entrepreneurial culture in Europe.
The program benefited from companies, especially SMEs, and public and private actors active in the area of business support.
Further information can be found on the EU portal and the COSME flyer.
Current tenders can be found in the Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal.
In addition to the EU University Network Saxony-Anhalt, the EEN Saxony-Anhalt also advises on this program.